Who We Are
Richland County Department of Government and Community Services (GCS) serves as an education and awareness hub and facilitates improved community outreach and the resolution of constituent concerns by bridging the gap between County departments and citizen groups.
Richland County GCS engages and involves the public in policies and practices that directly impact communities, measures the impacts of County efforts through evaluative methods, and by working with County Departments including Planning, Ombudsman, Community Development, and Transportation, GCS effectively communicates accurate and essential information to all groups.
Richland County GCS serves as a conduit between Richland County Government and its customers, citizens, and partners. It provides assistance for satisfying unresolved issues and works continuously to improve public involvement in the civic process. GCS takes a citizen-centered approach to improving government services.
What We Do
The Richland County Department of Government and Community Services County serves as an education and awareness hub and facilitates the resolution of citizens’ concerns by bridging the gap between County departments and citizen needs.
Richland County GCS partners with businesses, communities, non-profit organizations and agencies to build relationships, promote communication, and improve government services. GCS takes a citizen-centered approach to improving County services in the following ways:
• Education – Richland County GCS serves as an education hub for the County. GCS provides essential education to citizen groups proactively or upon request. Educational services include: site visits, presentations, small group meetings, phone conversations, email correspondence, and printed documents.
• Awareness – Richland County GCS increases citizen awareness of County policies and practices in order to grow public involvement in the civic process.
• Citizen Advocacy – Richland County GCS seeks to serve as an advocate for all constituent groups. CGS advocates for the concerns of citizens, resolving such issues proactively.
• Self Evaluation – Richland County GCS measures the performance of County policies and practices through surveys and studies.
• Data and Research - Richland County CGS gathers and organizes data sets from around the county into one database.
• Communication – Richland County GCS works with all County Departments and citizen groups ensure the flow of accurate and essential information to all involved groups regarding County initiatives.
Who We Serve
GCS serves a number of constituent stakeholder groups including the following:
• Elected Officials and Municipalities
• Homeowners Associations and Community Organizations
• Business Community
• Institutions of Higher Education
• Other County Groups (Non-Profit Organizations, K-12 Schools, Millage and Ordinance Agencies, etc.)
Christine Keefer, Director of Government and Community Services (Contact)
Bryant Davis, Assistant Director of Government and Community Services (Contact)
Charlton Burns, Government and Community Services Relations Associate (Contact)
Kimberly Humphrey, Government and Community Services Relations Associate (Contact)
Please contact us with questions or comments.