The Richland County Public Information Office is being recognized nationally for its efforts to educate residents about the County’s services and programs.
The National Association of County Information Officers (NACIO) will present Richland County with awards in several categories in the organization’s annual Awards for Excellence in Communications competition. NACIO, an affiliate of the National Association of Counties, holds the contest to recognize the best works of county public information officers and state association of counties communications staffs.
“The Public Information Office does a fantastic job behind the scenes to highlight the service of County employees and other departments,” Richland County Council Chair Joyce Dickerson said. “It’s wonderful to see this small team receive well-deserved recognition. These awards speak highly of the excellence the team exhibits in communicating with the residents of Richland County.”
The Public Information Office is being recognized for multiple projects in several categories:
- Excellence in Public Education for Richland Renaissance, the capital projects and revitalization project
- Excellence in Video Series for “The Recap,” a monthly news video
- Excellence in Logos for Engage Richland, the newly launched year-round series of public events
- Excellence in Electronic Communications for The Richland Weekly Review, a weekly e-newsletter
- Meritorious in two areas – Logos and Public Education – for Returning Home, the County’s flood recovery effort
NACIO will present the awards for this year’s competition in July.