An upcoming virtual event geared toward business owners will center on strengthening commerce by building relationships among various cultures.
OSBO Business Academy: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will feature a conversation on how these themes interact with leadership, followed by a panel discussion offering strategies for leveraging resources and opportunities.
Participants can register online for the event at https://bit.ly/3hfhvJh, then access the meeting via Zoom from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 10.
“This event will give our small- and minority business owners the opportunity to hear from top industry professionals,” said Erica Wade, manager of Richland County’s Office of Small Business Opportunity (OSBO).
Participants will learn “how to leverage resources and opportunities in the midst of chaos, build productive corporate relationships, become more visible without being aggressive and most of all, how to take care of your team for longevity,” Wade said.
- Colette Holt, attorney at law, Colette Holt and Associates
- Ron Harvey, COO, Global Core Strategies & Consulting
- Tre’ Tailor, Tailor Made Productions
- Louise Connell, supplier diversity manager, BMW
- Jimmy Chao, president, Chao and Associates
- Dominik Mjartan, president/CEO, Optus Bank
- Felicia Rhue Howard, vice president, Dominion Energy
- Dr. Kenston Griffin, founder/CEO, Dream Builders Communications
Hosted by OSBO, the virtual meeting is part of the Business Academy series of Engage Richland events encouraging public input and dialogue with the County.
For more information, contact OSBO at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-576-1540.