Organizations will have the opportunity to learn about Richland County’s grant programs at a pair of virtual workshops this month.
The Internal Grants Funding Guidelines Workshops will focus on the County’s three major grant programs: tourism-based grants from the Accommodations Tax and Hospitality Tax, as well as service-based Discretionary Grants.
- Accommodations Tax Grants provide financial support to nonprofit organizations to fund tourism and tourism-related projects and events.
- Hospitality Tax Grants support organizations and projects whose primary mission is attracting tourists; these grants promote dining and overnight accommodations in unincorporated areas of Richland County.
- Discretionary Grants go toward nonprofit or charitable organizations that assist County residents.
Those interested in applying for the grants are strongly encouraged to attend one of the two Zoom sessions. Eligible organizations must have been in existence at least one year before requesting funding and must provide proof of nonprofit status.
During the online workshops, County staff will offer a live demonstration and provide assistance applying for grants online through ZoomGrants, the program used to electronically submit all grant applications.
Information on eligibility requirements, allowable costs and disbursement criteria will also be provided.
The workshops will take place via Zoom from:
- 10 a.m.-11:30 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 10 (Zoom link to be shared later)
- 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 16 (Zoom link to be shared later)
Register for the workshops by emailing email@example.com by Monday, Dec. 7 (for the Dec. 10 workshop) or Monday, Dec. 14 (for the Dec. 16 workshop).
Participants should include their name, phone number and, most importantly, their email address so staff can send the Zoom link for the workshop.