An airplane ride, classical music and wild animals may not seem to have much in common, but all of these represent some of the prizes awaiting participants at Richland R.U.N.S. – Richland County’s 10K run and 5K run/walk event scheduled for 7:45 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 4 at the Jim Hamilton–L.B. Owens Airport (CUB).
Several local businesses and organizations have donated a number of prizes. The top overall 10K winner will receive a private airplane tour courtesy of Eagle Aviation, the County airport’s fixed-base operator. Other great prizes include:
· Tickets to the South Carolina Philharmonic
· Admission tickets to Riverbanks Zoo and Garden
· Tickets to the Columbia City Ballet’s production of Dracula: Ballet with a Bite
· Gift certificates to the Town Theatre
· Tickets to the Columbia Museum of Art
· Historic Columbia Foundation passes
· Tickets to the Columbia International Festival
· Gifts from the Columbia Regional Sports Council
Medals will be awarded to the top three finishers, male and female, in each age division and the neighborhood group with the largest number of pre-registered participants will be recognized. In addition to the run and walk, the event will feature a variety of information booths, and the South Carolina Historic Aviation Foundation and Richland County Sheriff’s Department will open their hangars to the public to showcase various aviation vehicles. Proceeds from the event benefit the United Way of the Midlands charities.
To register for Richland R.U.N.S., visit www.rcgov.us or www.strictlyrunning.com. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 576-2050.