Description: The Richland Soil and Water Conservation District (RSWCD) seeks a Richland County Ag + Art Tour Coordinator. The Coordinator will chair the Richland County Ag + Art Tour Planning Team and will implement the Tour using the Tour planning guide.
- Chair the Richland County Ag + Art Tour Planning Team
- Coordinate Tour Resource and Planning needs with the SC Ag + Art Tour Director
- Coordinate monthly Richland County Planning Team meetings
- Support, direct, and oversee the work of other Planning Team member roles, including Farm Site Coordinator, Artisan Coordinator, Marketing Coordinator, Fundraising Coordinator, and Volunteer Coordinator
- Attend monthly statewide Tour Coordinator meetings
- Serve as liaison between Richland County Ag + Art Tour Planning Team and RSWCD
- Increase diversity of farmers, artisans, and patrons participating in the Tour
Position Type: The Ag + Art Tour Coordinator will serve as an independent contractor working remotely and will be paid on an hourly basis. The contract will run from November 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023 for an average of 7 hours/week of work. Pre-authorized travel will be reimbursed at the standard mileage rate.
To Apply: Email your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1, 2022.
About the Ag + Art Tour: The South Carolina Ag + Art Tour is a free, self-guided tour of farms and farmers’ markets in select South Carolina counties featuring local artisans at every stop! During the tour, visitors can see first-hand where their food comes from, watch artists in action and purchase their works, and learn more about South Carolina’s rich agricultural and artistic heritage. Visit https://www.agandarttour.com/ for more information.
# # #
Conservation Districts are political subdivisions of state government under the local direction of five-member Boards of Commissioners. The Richland Soil and Water Conservation District promotes the wise use and care of natural resources for long-term sustainability.
Richland Soil and Water Conservation District
2020 Hampton Street, Room 3063A
Columbia, SC 29204
Phone (803) 576-2080
Fax (803) 576-2088