Become an Election Day Worker
- Qualifying the voter
- Assisting the voters with the election equipment
- Assist in opening and closing the polling location
- Available to work on Election available to work a minimum of 12 hours on Election Day
- Poll Managers (except Poll Manager Assistants) must be registered to vote in South Carolina.
- Any 16 or 17-year-old can apply to be a Poll Manager Assistant.
- Clerks must be a registered voter in the county in which they are serving or an adjoining county.
- Poll Managers may not be a candidate or the spouse, parent, child, brother, or sister of a candidate at any polling place where the candidate’s name appears on the ballot.
Poll Manager’s Oaths:
“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I am duly qualified, according to the Constitution of this State, to exercise the duties of the office to which I have been appointed, and that I will, to the best of my ability, discharge the duties thereof, and preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of this State and of the United States. So help me God.” (Article III, Section 26, S.C. Constitution)
“We do solemnly swear that we will conduct this election according to law and will allow no person to vote who is not entitled by law to vote in this election, and we will not unlawfully assist any voter to prepare his ballot and will not advise any voter as to how he should vote at this election.” (SC Code §7-13-100)
Apply to be a Poll Worker
For more information contact the Precinct Division at Election.email@example.com
or 803-576-1512 or 803-576-1519.
Polling Location Technician:
- You will be sent out to precincts throughout Richland County to troubleshoot election equipment.
- Deliver materials and supplies to precincts when requested.
- Respond to calls and requests at precincts regarding equipment
- Available to work on Election Day from 6:00 a.m. – until.
- You must be resident of Richland County, or an adjoining county.
- You must be age eighteen or older.
- YOU MUST PROVIDE A STATE-ISSUED DRIVER'S LICENSE OR STATE-ISSUED I.D. CARD AND SOCIAL SECURITY CARD. If you do not have your Social Security Card, please apply to receive a replacement and submit the request receipt.
- You MUST be a qualified registered voter to work on Election Day.
- You must complete online and in-person training.
Apply to be a Polling Location Technician
For more information contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-576-2202.
Online Election Training - Login
Training is required for ALL Positions.